Saturday, May 31, 2008

Video Diary Tiger Leaping Gorge

Last night after my mandatory weekly massage (only in China), I decided to go through the often spastic and always amateurish videos that I shot while trekking Tiger Leaping Gorge in Yunnan. I learned a couple of important facts:

1. I have absolutely no future as a videographer
2. I sound like a 14 year old girl on film and say “So” and “Now” why too much
3. Ryan Seacreast’s doomed first season sidekick is a sharper commentator than I am.

Still, the videos are somewhat amusing and do capture the challenges and quarks of adventuring in a place light-years from Disney’s Epcot.

I will say that I got better as I went along, but if you experience vertigo or seasickness, you might not want to watch. Heckle at your leisure. Note: As part of the Great Firewall of China, I cannot view these videos on the blocked blogspot site. I've been told that they appear in backwards order, so watch the last one first. I will switch them when I find roughly 14 hours to wait for them to load.

No comments: